Monday 17 March 2014

Update: Where we are and where we're going...

Hello you!

So, this is more or less where we are:


The yellow star is tomorrow's poem: Les Grands Seigneurs. Please read it. See my video here.

The red stars are poems we've done. If you are unsure about any of them, please see me for help. 

The green lines are obvious (?) connections. Can you think what they are? Hopefully by Easter, you'll have a tangled web of connections to help you revise the poems in pairs/clusters.

Today's lesson was about writing comparative paragraphs. We'll keep practising this as we go. 

Partly to get my head straight, and partly because I like panicking you, here's how I see the rest of the year panning out:

Tuesday 18th March: Les Grands Seigneurs
Friday 21st March: Intro to My Last Duchess and Question 4 method (homework)
Monday 24th March: My Last Duchess (I will be absent on this day)
Tuesday 25th March: Notes on My Last Duchess + The Ruined Maid
Friday 28th March: Casehistory: Alison 
Monday 31st March: The Horse Whisperer
Tuesday 1st April: On a Portrait of a Deaf Man
4th and 7th April: (Art Exam) Revision + Practise
Tuesday 8th April: Singh Song
EASTER (homework - revise + practice question)
Monday 28th April: Checking Out Me History
Tuesday 29th April: Poetry revision + Unseen Poetry Practice
Friday 2nd May: Lit Paper 1 questions & revision (Of Mice and Men)
Tuesday 6th April: Revision (An Inspector Calls)
Friday 9th April: Final lesson! Focus on English Language Paper.

Scary, huh?

After the final lesson, I'll be available in our normal time slots for anyone who wants to turn up and revise. And of course, I'll keep updating the blog.

If anyone would like a past paper to do at any stage, please tell me. I'm planning some revision sessions for the remaining weeks too. We'll discuss this tomorrow.

Don't forget to read my model answer on Ozymandias and The River God here.


Keep calm and carry on,

Mr M

PS. Keira - I'm still looking forward to that brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment